DOS’s March Visa Bulletin – Employment Based Indian Nationals Remain at Standstill
February 7, 2014 | Tags: DOS | EB-2 | EB-3
The Department of State's March Visa Bulletin, released today, continues favorable upswing in the EB-3 employment based third preference category for Chinese nationals but gives no good news for Indian nationals in any employment based category. Available visas essentially remain at a standstill for Indian nationals, with waiting periods of 10+ years. Many EB-2 Chinese nationals' employers are taking advantage of the currently faster path in the EB-3 category and are filing permissible subsequent I-140 visa petitions for them seeking third preference classification. For now, the DOS predicts that EB-3 numbers for Chinese nationals will remain favorable and not subject to visa retrogression for the coming months.
Congress simply needs to increase the number of permanent visas.
- all still "CURRENT"
- All others – still "CURRENT"
- China – advances over 1 month to February 15, 2009
- India –still at November 15, 2004
- Mexico – still "CURRENT"
- Philippines – still "CURRENT"
- All others – advances 3 months to September 1, 2012
- China – advances 3 months to September 1, 2012
- India – advances 15 days to September 15, 2003
- Mexico – advances 3 months to September 1, 2012
- Philippines – advances 2 weeks to May 1, 2007
News Alert Signup