Weaver Schlenger Webinar: Immigration Compliance, including I-9 Best Practices
Friday, May 22nd, 2020
9:00 to 10:00 am PT
Filed H-1B lottery cases? Check. Completed LCA postings at all worksites? Check. Notified USCIS when your H-1B employee terminates? Check. Reverified the I-9s? Uh …
Immigration compliance is an ongoing challenge, from LCA Public Access File requirements if you employ H-1B workers to best practices when completing I-9 forms, including some temporary flexibility the government is permitting during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Join Weaver Schlenger as we provide a checklist of actions you can take now to stay on top of compliance with U.S. immigration laws. We will cover a wide range of topics relevant to all employers who sponsor foreign national employees:
- I-9 best practices, including the latest regarding flexibility in pandemic times
- How to audit I-9s
- Requirements for LCA Public Access Files
- Advantages of enrolling in E-Verify
- STEM OPT employer requirements
- What employers need to do when employees change jobs or location
- What type of immigration policies lead to better compliance
This webinar is geared toward in-house lawyers and professionals in human resources, recruiting and staffing who are responsible for the immigration function within their organizations.
This program has been approved for 1 (General) recertification credit hour toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
This program has also been approved for CA MCLE credit (1 hour) by the State Bar of California.
News Alert Signup